Wednesday, May 18, 2016

OVERVIEW: My Current Favorite Brow Products

Whenever I wear makeup, I always fill in my brows.  That's because my brow hair is a light blonde color so when I wear makeup, it looks like I don't have any.  I currently have 5 favorite brow products.
1.) MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Dirty Blonde
This is a pomade similar to the Anastasia (although I have never used it so I can't really compare them). The color is a little bit dark so I only use it when I'm wearing makeup.  I can get a variety of looks with this depending on how much product I use.  It can go from light and natural to dark and defined.  I use the Crown Brush in C413 Brow Duo.  I really like how it applies the product.  I can use very little product and use very light pressure and get a more natural yet define brow, or I can use more product and more pressure and I get a darker and defined brow. It has a creamy consistency. I love how long wearing it is.  My day is usually around 12 hours long and I have never had any issues with fading or flaking.   AVAILABILITY: at maccosmetics.com for $16.50 and the brush at crownbrush.com for $3.28
2.) Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/ Taupe
I have it in the old packaging.  Now it comes in a black compact and the color is just Taupe.  The powder is smooth and very pigmented.  This is what I use on an everyday basis even if I'm wearing minimal or no makeup.  It's quick and gives the most natural look to my brows while still giving them some definition.  I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush.  I don't have any issues with it fading throughout the day so I don't usually use a  brow gel but when I do, I use the one from elf. AVAIABILITY: at sephora.com for $23 and the brush is only available in the Real Techniques Starter Set at ulta.com for $17.99
3.) MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Emphatically Blonde
This is a long wearing brow gel. The brush is not overloaded with product and product feels moussey when applied. The color is a warmer blonde and I can get a fairly natural brow with it.  I only use enough to keep my brows in place and it deposits just enough color.  The brush is tapered and I feel like it's a medium size: a little big bigger than the Benefit Gimme Brow but a little bit smaller than the Anastasia Brow Gel.  It lasts all day on me. AVAILABILITY: at maccosmetics.com for $17.
4.) e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara
I've tried several clear mascaras and I've tried high end clear brow gels, but the clear mascara from elf is my favorite and it's also the least expensive.  The formula is not too wet and there isn't a ton of product on the brush. It's double ended and one side has a tapered brush while the other side has a flat brush, but I use both sides. I don't feel like there's any difference in application. It applies evenly (not at all goopy).  It keeps my brow hairs in place all day.  I feel like it's a great bargain since it's only two dollars and works just as well as the higher end brow gels.  The only down side is that there isn't a lot of product so I do go through it fairly quickly, but for how inexpensive it is, its not really an issue. AVAILABILITY: at elfcosmetics.com for $2
5.) Smashbox Brow Tech Gloss Stick in Taupe
This is a twist up pencil product.  The product is much softer and creamier than the Anastasia Brow Wiz.  The tip is also much bigger than the Anastasia pencil.  The pencil has a gloss finish (as the name would imply) which is unlike most brow pencils which have a matte finish.  However, I really love the gloss finish.  I feel like it looks very natural since my brow hair has a natural shine to it.  I know that a lot of people prefer a matte finish brow pencil, so if you're one of those people, you'll hate this product.  The color is a little bit dark, so I only use this product when I have makeup on.  It can apply a bit patchy but I use the spoolie on the other end to brush the product through my brows to distribute it evenly.  I don't feel like it ever completely dries down and it seems to remain a bit tacky but I don't have any issues with it fading, smudging, of flaking.  It also does a good job with keeping my brow hairs in place.  AVAILABILITY: at sephora.com for $21

No comments:

Post a Comment