Tuesday, May 24, 2016

MAKEUP LOOK: Robot Boy from Melancholy Death of Oyser Boy

This makeup look is my interpretation of the look Drac Makens did for Robot Boy from the Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.  You can check out her video on YouTube if you'd like to see her look.  This is how I achieved this look:
1.) Apply an eyeshadow primer.  I used the NYX HD Primer.
2.) Use a black eyeshadow to outline the eye shape you wish to create.  I used the black from the NYX Avant Pop Surreal My Heart Palette.
3.) Use a silver cream eyeshadow all over the lid and within the shape you've created.  I used the Colour Pop Gel Colour in Kicker.
4.) Use a silver eyeshadow over the silver base.  I used the Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Rumer Has It Ice.
5.) Use a grey eyeshadow around the outside of the eye shape and blend out.  I used the grey from the NYX Avant Pop Surreal My Heart Palette.
6.) Outline the eye shape with a black liquid liner.  I used the MadeULook Night Owl Precision Eyeliner Pen.
7.) Apply a silver eyeliner to the waterline.  I used the NYX Slide-On Pencil in Platinum.
8.) Use a black eyeliner to create the bolts.  I made one in the outside corner of the silver inside the eye shape and I made several along the outside of the eye shape.  I used the Wet N Wild H2O Proof Liquid Liner in Ultra Black.
9.) Use a very metallic silver liner to create dots inside the black bolts.  I didn't have a silver liquid liner so I made one using the Mehron Mixing Liquid and mixed it with the Mehron Metallic Powder in Silver.
10.) Use a black liquid liner on the upper lash line.  I used the Wet N Wild H2O Proof  Liquid Liner in Ultra Black.
11.) Apply mascara.  I used the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
12.) I used the Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/ Medium on the brows.
13.) Apply a foundation primer.  I used the Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer.
14.) Apply foundation.  I used Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.
15.) Use a concealer if necessary.  I used the Nudestix Concealer Pencil in Light1.
16.) Set everything with a powder.  I used the Benefit Stay Flawless Powder in I Love Me (Ivory)
17.) Use a matte grey lipstick.  I used the Makeup Monsters Liquid Lipstick in Dusk.
18.) Add a silver sheen on top with a sheer metallic lipstick.  I used the NYX Wicked Lippie in Stone Cold.
19.)  In the center of the lips, I used the Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Rumer Has It Ice.
 
SHOPPING LIST:
-NYX HD Primer: at ulta.com for $6.99
-NYX Avant Pop Surreal My Heart Palette: at ulta.com for $16.99
-Colour Pop Crème Gel Colour in Kicker: at colourpop.com for $6
-Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Rumer Has It Ice: no longer available but an alternative is Liberty at colourpop.com for $5
-MadeULook Night Owl Precision Eyeliner Pen: at madeulookbylex.com for $18
-NYX Slide-On Pencil in Platinum: at ulta.com for $7.99
-Wet N Wild H2O Proof Liquid Liner in Ultra Black: at drugstore.com for $3.99
-Mehron Mixing Liquid: at mehron.com for $10.50
-Mehron Metallic Powder in Silver: mehron.com for $10.50
-Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: at ulta.com for $23
-Benefit Gimme Brow: at ulta.com for $24
-Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer: at ulta.com for $32
-Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation: at ulta.com for $4.99
-Benefit Stay Flawless Powder: at ulta.com for $34
-Nudestix Concealer Pencil: at sephora.com for $24
-Makeup Monsters Liquid Lipstick in Dusk: at makeupmonsters.net for $15.95
-NYX Wicked Lippie in Stone Cold: at ulta.com for $5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment