Monday, April 4, 2016

OVERVIEW: MyGreen Lipstick Collection

For St. Patrick's Day this year, I posted a picture on my Instagram of my green lipsticks.  It was one of my most popular posts ever, so I decided to do a more in depth overview.
1.) Impulse Cosmetics Matte Lip Lacquer in Maui Wowie.  This is a vibrant chartreuse green liquid lipstick.  I only have a sample of this color but I'm already falling in love with it.  It is very comfortable for a liquid lipstick and is very long wearing.  Also, this is a very opaque formula. The full size is available at impulsecosmetics.com for $10.99
2.) Impulse Cosmetics Metaluxe Lipstick in Slime Time.  This is more of the traditional lipstick formula.  It has a metallic green color and feels very creamy when applied.  It is very comfortable but like traditional lipsticks, this one doesn't wear all day.  I can get between 3-4 hours of wear depending on what I'm doing.  However, I really like this color.  Although not completely opaque, the color can be built up.  This is available at impulsecosmetics.com for $6.99
3.) Taterrounds Lipstick in Mansinte.  This lipstick is part of a collab with Drac_Makens .  This is a drier formula lipstick but I find it to still be quite comfortable.  Although it's not moisturizing, it's also not drying.  I really love this color and I find it to be the most vibrant chartreuse green lipstick that I own.  It's on the sheer side but can easily be built up to be completely opaque. It has a matte finish which allows it be long wearing. This is available on Etsy at TaterRoundsBeauty at etsy.com for $3.99
4.) Makeup Monster Liquid Lipstick in G. I. Jane.  This is a matte finish liquid lipstick that is also very comfortable and is long wearing.  The color is a dark chartreuse.  It is quite opaque and doesn't really need to be built up. It is available at makeupmonsters.net for $15.95
5.) Makeup Monsters Liquid Lipstick in I Touch My Elf.  This is  a matte finish liquid lipstick but is has subtle gold sparkles in it so even though it is matte, it still has a bit of a sheen.  It is quite pretty but it does take a bit of layering for it to be truly opaque.  This is a comfortable lipstick formula and is long wearing. The color is a true emerald green that is perfect for the Christmas holiday. Sadly this was a limited edition holiday shade and is no longer available.  But a shade that is similar from makeupmonsters.net is called Jealousy and you may want to check it out.
6.) L.A. Splash Lip Couture in Nagini.  This is the darkest green lipstick that I own.  This is a liquid lipstick and is the longest wearing lipstick out of all my green lipsticks.  It has a matte finish but is extremely drying.  I can't wear it for more than 2 or 3 hours because it just becomes too uncomfortable.  Because of how drying it is, it's a difficult formula to wear.  You have to over moisturize you lips prior to application to be able to wear this.  I wouldn't recommend wearing this by itself.  I usually top it off with either another lipstick or a gloss. This is unfortunately no longer available.
7.) NYX Wicked Lippie in Risqué.  This is a dark green color.  It has a creamy texture and glides on easily.  It only needs about 2 swipes to be opaque.  It ha a very metallic finish and is very comfortable to wear.  It lasts about 2 or 3 hours on me, like most traditional lipsticks.  Even though it is creamy, I don't have issues with it feathering outside the lip line or sinking into lines. I really enjoy this formula. You can get this at nyxcosmetics.com or ulta.com for $6
8.) NYX Macaron Lppie in Pistachio.  This is a cream formula lipstick and the color is more of blue green but more green than blue.  There is no shimmer but it does have a satin finish.  It's not completely matte but not very shiny either.  It's a comfortable formula that's not at al drying but a little bit more long wearing than the Wicked line.  You can get this at nyxcosmetics.com or ulta.cm for $6
9.) NYX Maaron Lippie in Key Lime.  This wears just as well as Pistachio.  Key Lime is a vibrant lime color.  It's very pretty and a very unique color. You can get this at nyxcosmetics.com or ulta.com for $6
10.) Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Plan 9. This is  drier formula but as a result, it is longer wearing.  It's not moisturizing but its also not overly drying.  It has a metallic finish and is similar to NYX Risqué but is a little bit less metallic and more green.  You can find this at sephora.com or katvondbeauty.com for $21
I know that green lipstick is not for everyone, but I really don't mind wearing it.  I think it's fun to wear unexpected colors and not just for going out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment