Tuesday, April 19, 2016

MAKEUP LOOK: Using the Naked Cosmetics Shock Effect Stack

This makeup was done using the Naked Cosmetics Shock Effect Stack.  The colors are numbered 1-6 from top to bottom. Here are the steps I did to achieve this look:
1.) Apply an eyeshadow primer.  I used the NYX HD Primer.
2.) Apply a white base to the lid and lower lash line.  I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.
3.) Apply your crease colors.  I used the Urban Decay eyeshadows in Naked followed by Buck.
4.) Apply your brow bone color.  I used the Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadow single in Brulee.
5.) Starting at the inner corner, apply the yellow (SE-1), followed by the yellow green (SE-2), and finally the green (SE-3).  Also use that green to create an outer V and blend it into the other crease colors.
6.) Now it's time for the lower lash line, Blend a little of the yellow (SE-1) on the inner lower lash line, followed by the pink (SE-4), then the purple (SE-5), and finally the blue (SE-6).  Make sure to blend the blue up towards the green in the outer V so there is a seamless transition.
7.) Next, apply a royal blue liquid liner on the top lash line.  I used the NYX Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Sapphire. I feel like the blue balances the eye look.  Otherwise, it looks a little bottom heavy just because the dark colors are on the bottom and the lid is so light.
8.) Now apply a yellow liner to the waterline.  I used the Stila Smudge Stick in Canary.  It's more of a pastel yellow but still works great for this look.
9.) I decided to use a royal blue mascara on the bottom lashes.  I used the Maybelline Great Lash in I See Blue.
10.) On the top lashes I used a primer (Lancôme Cils Booster XL), followed by the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
11.) For my brows, I used the Anastasia Brow Powder in Taupe.
12.) On my face I used the Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer, Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in Warm Porcelain, L'Oreal Infallible Dream Matte Powder, and the Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer on the cheeks.
13.) On the lips I used the Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Paint and I put some of the pink pigment from the stack (SE-4) on top.

SHOPPING LIST:
NYX HD Primer: ulta.com for $6.99
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk: ulta.com for $4.49
Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Naked sephora.com and Buck sephora.com for $19 each
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single in Brulee:drugstore.com for $0.99
Naked Cosmetics Shock Effect Stack: nakedcosmetics.com for $59.99
Stila Smudge Stick in Canary: sephora.com for $22
NYX Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Sapphire: ulta.com for $$6.99
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in I See Blue: this was a limited edition color but an alternative is the NYX Color Mascara in Blue Dream at ulta.com for $$6.99
Lancôme Cils Booster XL: sephora.com for $25.50
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: sephora.com for $23
Anastasia Brow Powder in Taupe: sephora.com for $23
Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer:sephora.com for $37
Maybeline Dream Velvet Foundation: ulta.com for $10.99
L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder in Porcelain: ulta.com for $12.99
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer: sephora.com for $30
Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Paint: this was a limited edition color

No comments:

Post a Comment