Friday, April 8, 2016

IMATS NY: Tips for Getting The Most Out of Your Experience

I'm going to IMATS NY tomorrow and this will be my third time going.  I've learned a few things over the first two years that I thought I'd share.  One of the first things you should do is decide if you're going o buy makeup, network, or watch the demos and keynote speakers.  If you want to go just to get some great deals on makeup an you want to avoid the huge lines and crowds, then you should get there very early.  This is also a good idea if you want to shop and stay for the demos and keynote speakers.  If you can get you shopping done early, you'll have more time to stay and watch some of the makeup artists you've gone to see.
     Another tip I have is to see what brands will be there and decide what you're interested from each brand.  Once you get there, it can be very overwhelming, especially if it's your first time.  There will be a lot going on, so if you go there with a plan, it will be much more manageable.  Also, if you are interested in going to a popular booth where the lines can be an hour or more, you should get there first (getting there early will allow you to avoid the worst of the crowds too). 
     These are some of the things I've learned over the first two years.  Every year that I've gone, it's gotten bigger with more venders and more people.  I always have a lot of fun, interacting with representatives from various brands, learning about brands that I don't normally have access to, and just meeting people who have a love of makeup and the artistry behind it.  I also love learning from the artist giving talks or doing demos.  It's definitely enjoy the learning aspect just as much as the shopping.  How you choose to make the most of your experience is up to you, but I hope this short article has helped. 

I see dates and schedules, along with vender lists, and demo schedules go to the IMATS website: imats.net

No comments:

Post a Comment